The Top 5 Property Investor Hotspots on the Maresme Coast 2014/2015
The Maresme Coast lies just to the north of Barcelona city and south of the Costa Brava and boasts more than 50km of sandy beaches. The Serralada Litoral Natural Park provides a stunning backdrop to this attractive wine growing area. Its pretty villages, its comfortable commuting distance to Barcelona, excellent sporting facilities and proximity to two airports has made it a popular destination for international families relocating to Barcelona or for those looking for holiday homes within easy striking distance of the city.
The Lucas Fox Maresme property portfolio includes high-end detached houses, country properties, period townhouses, building plots and luxury apartments in and around the prime areas of Alella, Sant Andreu de Llavaneres, Sant Vicenç de Montalt, Cabrera de Mar, Cabrils, Premià de Dalt and Caldes d’Estrac. The Lucas Fox portfolio also includes properites in the Mareme’s two most prestigious residential areas: Can Teixidó and Supermaresme. In 2013 Lucas Fox opened its second ever Property Lounge in the centre of the attractive village of Alella.
1. Alella: This beautiful market town is just 15km from Barcelona city and is home to the Maresme Coast’s leading international school, Hamelin, making it a favoured destination for international buyers relocating to the region. Surrounded by vineyards and just 2km from the nearest marina and beaches, the town boasts an enviable quality of life.
2. Caldes d’Estrac: Popular with the Catalan bourgeoisie in the early 20th Century, “Caldetes” is a beautiful coastal town boasting one of the Maresme’s most attractive sandy beaches and some stunning period houses. The prestigious beachside promenade of Paseo de los Ingleses is one of the few places where buyers can purchase first line properties on the Maresme Coast.
3. Can Teixidó, Alella: A beautiful residential community with wide, open streets, large plots, sea views and 24 hour security, Can Teixidó has for many years been one of the Maresme Coast’s top residential estates. Located within the municipality of Alella, the development is within walking distance of the beach and marina of El Masnou and only 15km from the centre of Barcelona city.
4. Supermaresme, Sant Andreu de Llavaneres: Located high on a hillside between the villages of Sant Andreu de Llavaneres and Sant Vicenç de Montalt and with exquisite views over the Barcelona city skyline and the Mediterranean Sea, this luxury residential estate is the most prestigious development in the Maresme Coast and, for many years, has attracted sports stars, business owners and politicians.
5. Premià de Dalt: Premià de Dalt is a charming town just 25km from Barcelona city and only 3km from the nearest beaches. Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and backing onto the Serralada Litoral Natural Park, the picturesque town centre boasts a number of period, colonial style properties whilst the surrounding residential areas offer some stunning, high-end modern villas. The town enjoys easy access from the coastal highway, making it a prime location for Barcelona commuters.
“The profile and popularity of the Maresme Coast is continuing to gain traction amongst international buyers looking to relocate or purchase holiday homes within comfortable commuting distance of Barcelona City. For many years the Maresme has been a sought-after area amongst wealthy local buyers but it is really only in the last 5 – 10 years that the region has made a name for itself on a wider, international level. For many buyers, the Maresme Coast offers everything and more that they would expect from a Mediterranean destination: a superb, year-round climate, stunning sandy beaches, an extensive offering of marinas and sports clubs, wonderful restaurants and gastronomy, beautiful unspoilt countryside, easy access to two international airports. And all within comfortable striking distance of a major city. We anticipate the demand for Maresme Coast properties to continue to grow in the coming years as more and more buyers discover the unique benefits of this beautiful area of the Barcelona coastline.”
— Tom Maidment, Partner Lucas Fox Costa Brava