The Top 5 Property Investor Hotspots in Marbella 2014/2015
Cool and glamorous, Marbella is without a doubt, one of the Costa del Sol’s most sought-after destinations for tourists, investors and residential second homes. A Mecca for the rich and famous with its designer shops, exclusive nightclubs, bars, restaurants and beaches, Marbella also offers a great quality of life for international residents. With its unique micro climate and great outdoor lifestyle (particularly for golf enthusiasts) and finally, a beautiful historic centre with a typical Andalucian feel, Marbella has something for everyone.
Lucas Fox Marbella was established in 2013 with a focus on luxury property in the exclusive areas of La Zagaleta, Golden Mile, Sierra Blanca, Marbella Town, Nueva Andalucia, Los Flamingos and Puerto Banús. The Marbella property portfolio includes contemporary designer villas and luxury apartments priced from €500,000 to €20 million.
In line with the rest of Spain, property prices in Marbella have reduced significantly over the last 4 to 5 years. However, over the last 18 months prices for luxury property in particular have stabilised, especially in the most exclusive areas and nearer the coast such as The Golden Mile, Nueva Andalucia, Sierra Blanca, Puerto Banús and Marbella Town itself. Indeed there is now a shortage of newly built quality property in these key areas and so any new projects that are being launched are being snapped up quickly. Despite this, overall Marbella still represents great value for money when compared to other Mediterranean destinations as well as other luxury locations in Spain.
Top 5 Property Investor Hotspots:
1. Marbella’s Golden Mile: Simply the most prime location on the coast between Marbella Town and Puerto Banús. Properties here are the most sought-after in the area.
2. San Pedro de Alcántara: Still affordable, yet very up-and-coming due to significant infrastructural investments such as the new coastal link to Puerto Banús, a brand new Ramblas style park that connects the fashionable beach side of San Pedro to the rustic village with is traditional square and side streets, and a beautiful promenade lined with palm trees. All amenities are within walking distance, which is a bonus.
3. Sierra Blanca: In the foothills of La Concha mountain, just above and walking distance to Marbella, the Sierra Blanca has some of the most exclusive views of the coast. There is huge demand for some of the most exclusive designer apartments on the coast.
4. Nueva Andalucia / Golf Valley: Residential, green and leafy area very close to Puerto Banús offering newer build properties, but also older villas that are appropriate for refurbishment projects.
5. Los Monteros (east of Marbella): An exclusive stretch of some of the best sandy beaches on the coast, close to Marbella and with some of the best Chiringuitos (beach bars). Exclusive apartments and front line beach villas are always in demand here.
“There has been a significant change in the demographics of clients now buying in Marbella. Whilst British and Scandinavian clients remain the most numerous, there are also increasing numbers of investors coming from Belgium, Russia, China and most significantly from the Middle East. Whilst Marbella has always been popular with Royalty and wealthy families from the Middle East, there is now also interest at mid-market level, around the €250,000 to €500,o00 mark. The appeal of the Costa del Sol remains the same: ideal all year round climate, great infrastructure and world class 5 star facilities and venues.”
— Stephen Lahiri, Director Lucas Fox Marbella