Football Transfer Rumours: Lucas Fox looks at the potential transfers and signings for Barcelona FC
Barcelona Football Gossip
– Barcelona fullback Dani Alves has been linked with a move to French club Paris Saint-Germain.
– Xavi is rumoured to have signed a pre contract with Quatari side Al-Arabi. Head coach Dan Petrescu has stated that he personally contacted the Barcelona midfielder in order to secure him before local rival Al-Sadd, whom were also suggested to have expressed interest.
– Argentina national striker Gonzalo Higuain (currently playing at Napoli) is reported to be in talks with Barcelona over a €70 million transfer deal. According to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, both Napoli manager Rafa Benitez and presiden Aurelio di Laurentiis are against the striker’s departure, and will attempt to block the deal.
– Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed his interest in former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who is set to leave Barcelona.
– Newly appointed Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is said to be in talks to sign 26-year old Colombian winger Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, currently joint-owned by Udinese and Fiorentina. Despite links to Arsenal, Sport newspaper in Barcelona have stated that a move to Spain may be imminent.
– After several weeks of talks with Real Sociedad, Barcelona have agreed a deal for 31-year old Chile captain Claudio Bravo. The goalkeeper is rumoured to have fetched €10-12 million.
– Barcelona have confirmed a new 4 year contract with 30 year old Argentine Javier Mascherano and are expected to negotiate the renewal of midfielder Rafinha Alcantara, 21.
– Chile international Alexis Sanchez, who was voted “Man of the Match” as Chile beat Australia 3-1 in their opening world cup match last Friday, has been linked to Liverpool as part of a deal for Barcelona to secure Luis Suarez (pending the investigation into his latest “biting incident”). The club is set to re-structure the team following the departures of Puyol, Xavi and Valdes.
-Barcelona are set to sign German International and former Real Madrid attacking midfielder Mesut Ozil in a £42 million move from Arsenal.